Re: [2.6 patch] unexport do_settimeofday

From: Andreas Dilger
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 04:28:54 EST

On Feb 25, 2005 09:47 +0100, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:28:04 -0800, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I haven't found any possible modular usage of do_settimeofday in the
> > > kernel.
> >
> > Sure. But there must have been a reason to export it in the first place.
>
> sloppy coding?

Who knows? Maybe someone developed a kernel module that interfaces to an
unusual clock chip on their motherboard. IMHO, all of this "_I_ don't
see any use for it, lets get rid of it because it's not useful" changing
is just a source of grief for anyone that doesn't have their code in
the kernel.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger