Linux RT question - __up_mutex calling pi_setprio

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 22:29:09 EST

Hi Ingo,

I have a couple of questions about __up_mutex in rt.c. I'm still using
RT-V0.7.38-06 and this may have changed. I haven't checked.

1) can old_owner ever not be the same as current. IOW can a process
unlock a lock owned by another process?

2) Is it really necessary to call pi_setprio on the old_owner (I guess
if the previous question is true, then this would be too). If the
process is unlocking a lock, I don't expect it to be also blocked on a
lock so it would not need to iterate the priority list. Wouldn't just
calling mutex_setprio be sufficient?

Thanks,

-- Steve