Re: 2.6.11-rc5

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 00:05:13 EST

Lee Revell wrote:
On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 16:47 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:

- sound: hasn't worked since FC1...

The ALSA lists have been deluged with reports like "sound worked in FC1,
upgraded to FC3, no sound". AFAICT it's just sloppiness on the part of
the Fedora userspace tools. For example, last I heard
system-config-soundcard tries to load the emu10k1 module for cards that
need the (completely different) emu10k1x driver.

The modules look good to me, they are the Intel modules which should would with ICH4-M.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc