Re: swsusp logic error?

From: Barry K. Nathan
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 21:00:05 EST

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 07:27:39PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Sunday, 27 of February 2005 18:50, Pavel Machek wrote:
[snip]
> > Ok, this one.
> >
> > I do not know what is going wrong. swsusp seems to work for
> > people... or at least it works for me. Here's my .config, perhaps you
> > have something unusual?
> >
> > I do have CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION="/dev/hda1", perhaps that's
> > neccessary?
>
> I don't set CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION, but I pass the "resume" parameter
> to the kernel and it works (no fuss, on x86-64 and i386).

I have the same setup as Rafael, on i386 boxes. swsusp was very
messed-up for me in earlier 2.6.11-rc, but with -rc4 (or maybe it's one
of the -bk snapshots between -rc4 and -rc5) it works for me again.
Specifically, in the failing releases, swsusp would never succeed in
suspending the machine.

Since the problem is gone now, I think I have better uses for my time
than figuring out when the problem started and when it was fixed, but I
just wanted to mention that in fact there are problems in earlier
2.6.11-rc releases that seem to be fixed later on.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn@xxxxxxxxx>