Re: swapper: page allocation failure. order:1, mode:0x20

From: Benjamin L. Shi
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 10:26:25 EST

We've seen these, by adding the following tueables resolved the problem. More specifically, the lower zone protection made the difference.

vm.vfs_cache_pressure=1000
vm.lower_zone_protection=100
vm.max_map_count = 32668
vm.min_free_kbytes = 10000

Bernd Schubert wrote:
Oh no, not this page allocation problems again. In summer I already pos=
ted problems with page allocation errors with 2.6.7, but to me it seemed th=
at nobody cared. That time we got those problems every morning during the =
cron jobs and our main file server always completely crashed.
This time its our cluster master system and first happend after an upti=
me of 89 days, kernel is 2.6.9. Besides of those messages, the system stil=
l seems to run stable

I really beg for help here, so please please please help me solving thi=
s probem. What can I do to solve it?

First a (dumb) question, what does 'page allocation failure' really m=
ean? Is it some out of memory case?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help,
Bernd