Re: [Lse-tech] Re: A common layer for Accounting packages

From: jamal
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 10:33:34 EST

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 09:25, Thomas Graf wrote:
> * jamal <1109599803.2188.1014.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2005-02-28 09:10
[..]
> > To justify writting the new code, I am assuming someone has actually sat
> > down and in the minimal stuck their finger in the air
> > and said "yes, there is definetely wind there".
>
> I did, not for this problem though. The code this idea comes from sends
> batched events

I would bet the benefit you are seeing has to do with batching rather
than such an optimization flag. Different ballgame.
I relooked at their code snippet, they dont even have skbs built nor
even figured out what sock or PID. That work still needs to be done it
seems in cn_netlink_send(). So probably all they need to do is move the
check in cn_netlink_send() instead. This is assuming they are not
scratching their heads with some realted complexities.

I am gonna disapear for a while; hopefully the original posters have
gathered some ideas from what we discussed.

cheers,
jamal