Fw: 2.6.11-rc4 doubles CPU temperature

From: Ben Castricum
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 16:52:38 EST

For some weird reason, 2.6.11-rc4 up to the current BK tree about doubles my
CPU temperature from 20 degrees Celcius to 40 while everything else is
unchanged (load/processes/config). The system does seem a bit more sluggish,
but that may just be a feeling. A cat /proc/cpu gives me

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 6
model name : Celeron (Mendocino)
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 475.100
cache size : 128 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr
bogomips : 940.03

and my .config can be found at

http://www.bencastricum.nl/.config

I haven't got a clue on how to analyse this problem so I really appreciate
any info or suggestions I get. Please help me.

Cheers,
Ben