Re: [Lse-tech] Re: A common layer for Accounting packages

From: Kaigai Kohei
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 08:42:08 EST

Hello,

> I tested without user space listeners and the cost is negligible. I will
> test with a user space listeners and see the results. I'm going to run
> the test this week after improving the mechanism that switch on/off the
> sending of the message.

I'm also trying to mesure the process-creation/destruction performance on following three environment.
Archtechture: i686 / Distribution: Fedora Core 3
* Kernel Preemption is DISABLE
* SMP kernel but UP-machine / Not Hyper Threading
[1] 2.6.11-rc4-mm1 normal
[2] 2.6.11-rc4-mm1 with PAGG based Process Accounting Module
[3] 2.6.11-rc4-mm1 with fork-connector notification (it's enabled)

When 367th-fork() was called after fork-connector notification, kernel was locked up.
(User-Space-Listener has been also run until 366th-fork() notification was received)

Does this number have any sort of means ?
In my second trial, kernel was also locked up after 366th-fork() notification.
Currently, I don't know its causition. Is there a person encounted it?

# I wanted to say "[2] is faster than [3]" when process-grouping is enable, but the plan came off. :(

Thanks.
--
Linux Promotion Center, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>