Re: Writng daemon and wake up on demand.

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 10:29:41 EST

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:43:16 +0530, Payasam Manohar said:

> I have two doubts,
> 1) Can we design a linux daemon which will call some shell scripts.
> 2) How to call this daemon from the keyboard driver and how
> to kill it on demand.

It would be much easier for us to point you in the right direction if you
stopped thinking "we must call shell scripts from the keyboard driver", and
explain what problem you're trying to solve (i.e., *WHY* are you trying to
do this - is it "we need a keystroke logger", "we need keypress timing and
latencies", or some other higher-level explanation of your problem)....