kernel BUG at drivers/serial/8250.c:1256!

From: Karol Kozimor
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 18:13:23 EST

Hi,

I've finally got around to test latest kernels and managed to find a bug in
the serial subsystem, which happens during suspend.

I use a 3Com PC Card Bluetooth adapter that needs serial_cs and hci_uart
modules. Whenever I try to suspend using 2.6.10 or a newer kernel, the
following bug appears. Note that 2.6.9 works perfectly.

#v+ handwritten, 2.6.11-rc5
kernel BUG at drivers/serial/8250.c:1256!
invalid operand: 0000 [#1]
PREEMPT
[...]
EIP is at serial_unlink_irq_chain+0x4b/0x60 [8250]
[...]
Call Trace:
uart_suspend_port [serial_core]
serial_suspend [serial_cs]
serial_event [serial_cs]
send_event_callback [pcmcia]
__bus_for_each_dev
bus_for_each_dev
send_event_callback [pcmcia]
send_event [pcmcia]
send_event_callback [pcmcia]
handle_event [pcmcia]
ds_event [pcmcia]
send_event [pcmcia_core]
socket_suspend [pcmcia_core]
#v-

Photos are available here (sorry for the quality):
http://hell.org.pl/~sziwan/bug_8250-1.jpg
http://hell.org.pl/~sziwan/bug_8250-2.jpg
http://hell.org.pl/~sziwan/bug_8250-3.jpg

I'll be happy to provide whatever information is needed.

Best regards,

--
Karol 'sziwan' Kozimor
sziwan@xxxxxxxxxxx