Something is broken with SATA RAID ?

From: J.A. Magallon
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 19:48:57 EST

Hi...

I posted this in other mail, but now I can confirm this.

I have a box with a SATA RAID-5, and with 2.6.11-rc3-mm2+libata-dev1
works like a charm as a samba server, I dropped it 12Gb from an
osx client, and people does backups from W2k boxes and everything was fine.
With 2.6.11-rc4-mm1, it hangs shortly after the mac starts copying
files. No oops, no messages... It even hanged on a local copy (wget),
so I will discard samba as the buggy piece in the puzzle.

I'm going to make a definitive test with rc5-mm1 vs rc5-mm1+libata-dev1.
I already know that plain rc5-mm1 hangs. I have to wait the md reconstruction
of the 1.2 TB to check rc5-mm1+libata (and no user putting things there...)

But, anyone has a clue about what is happening ? I have seen other
reports of RAID related hangs... Any important change after rc3 ?
Any important bugfix in libata-dev1 ? Something broken in -mm ?

More details, like sata card model and setup on demand...

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()able!es> \ Software is like sex:
werewolf!able!es \ It's better when it's free