Re: RFD: Kernel release numbering

From: Jeff V. Merkey
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 21:39:25 EST

Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

__Stable__ would be a good thing. The entire 2.6 development has been a disaster from a stability viewpoint. I have to maintain a huge tree of patches in order to ship appliance builds due to the lack of stability for 2.6. I think that the even number releases will take longer but it's worth the wait.

What form of instability are you referring to?

Where have you been? Read the bug reports and the types of bugs.

Jeff