Re: RFD: Kernel release numbering

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 21:47:54 EST

I also note that part of the problem that motivates the even/odd thing is a tacit acknowledgement that people only _really_ test the official releases.

Which IMHO backs up my opinion that we simply need more frequent releases.

Part of this is a scalability problem. Linux probably has more changes flowing into it than any other OS kernel on the planet. We must deal with an ever-increasing number of changesets in a way that produces a usable kernel for our users.

Jeff