Re: RFD: Kernel release numbering

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 04:16:45 EST

Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The reasons -rcs are not as good as they could be is that they include
> more than just bug fixes.

I thought we'd been fairly good about that, actually. The -rc1's always
come too early for me (I usually wait for all the bk merges to happen).
But once we hit -rc2 people are good? At least, I think I've only ever
seen one "ytf did you merge that now" email...

<hack, hack>

Here you go: http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/khack.jpeg

That's number-of-lines-of-patch versus day, from the bk-commits list.
There's definitely a pattern there ;)

(Raw data at
http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/commits.data.gz for anyone
who is inclined to spend more that seven seconds with gnuplot...)