Re: 2.6.11-rc4 doubles CPU temperature

From: Ben Castricum
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 04:53:08 EST

Hi Jean,

If you have an Asus AS99127F chip, the value reported before in sysfs were not correct, the new ones are.

This is indeed the case. To be sure I ran unixbench on rc3 and the just released 2.6.11 en the results were nearly identical. So the temperature increase does not seems to indicate that the CPU is doing more.

40 degrees C is a fairly reasonable temperature for a CPU diode, there's nothing to be afraid of. At any rate it's more reasonable than the incredibly low 20 degrees C temperature you had before, as Robert Hancock noticed in an earlier post.

Then I have proabably been measuring it wrong from start. I will upgrade lm_sensors and try again.

Thanks,
Ben