Re: [Fwd: United States Patent: 6,862,609]

From: jmerkey
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 11:49:41 EST

You guys keep saying, "stop the patents" but this is insanity. It's like all these big companies
used patents like swords and are hemming linux in, and Linux stands naked and defenseless.
You guys need to get your own swords and fight -- start filing patents -- go to this new law
center "Southern Poverty Law Center" they setup I read about and get these folks to start
filing patents on Linux code (before you disclose it that is) and protect yourselves. Then
you have ammo to negotiate cross patent agreements with MS and these other companies to create a balance of power.

Morris Dees helps Linux? That's good news. I like the SPLC.

But I would consider checking with the (new) Software Freedom
Law Center too: http://www.softwarefreedom.org/

That's what I meant anyway. :-)

Jeff