Re: [Fwd: United States Patent: 6,862,609]

From: James Simmons
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 12:44:52 EST

> Patent law in the US is based on section 113 of the United States
> Constitution, and patents
> are not going away. Live with guys. The best way to win the patent
> wars is for people
> who do Linux development to file their own patents and put some stakes
> in the ground.

I have to agree with you. We need to apply for our own patients. The
problem is it cost to lay down patents. Who is going to pay?
As for the US Patent laws based on the constitution. That is no longer
the case. The Patent laws where changed when NAFTA and GATT went into
effect. Now the patent laws are changing again to meet WTO standards. The
whole planet is moving over to one universal set of patent laws. Those are
the laws to watch for. In fact India last month changed there own patent
laws to match WTO requirements. The WTO is not going away and they have
billons of dollars and world goverments behind them.