Re: RFD: Kernel release numbering

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Mar 03 2005 - 16:49:15 EST

Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
I've watched you periodically announce "hey, I'm doing an update for
FC3/FC2, please test" on the mail list, and a handful of people go test.
If we could convince many of the the less risk-averse but lazy users to
grab kernels automatically from updates/3/testing/ or updates/3/unstable/
as part of "yum update", and have a way to manage the plethora of (even
daily) kernel updates by removing old unused kernels, then we'd only
have to convince them *once* to set up their YUM repos, and then get them
to poweroff or reboot [or use a Xen domain] occasionally. :-)

Tangent: I would like to see requests-for-testing for FC kernels on LKML.

If people announce -ac/-as/-aa/-ck/etc. kernels on LKML, why not distro kernels?

Jeff