Re: [2.6 patch] unexport complete_all

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 08:04:47 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andrew, what is the policy for adding exports for out of tree GPL code?

There isn't one. Such things cause way too much email.

What complete_all() does is to permit more than one task to wait on a
completion and for all those tasks to be woken by a single complete().
Without it you'd need to record how many tasks are sleeping there and do
complete() that many times.

So it's a sensible part of the completion API from a regularity-of-the-API
POV. We use it in the coredump code and I don't think we'd be likely to want
to rip it out.

In fact, I'd say that complete() should have always done it this way...