Re: [Alsa-devel] Re: intel 8x0 went silent in 2.6.11

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 16:26:24 EST

Lee Revell wrote:
On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 13:46 -0500, Mark Canter wrote:

The same issue exists on a T42p (ICH4). Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? The thought of having to disable the headphone jack and reenable it each time is trivial considering you can go with the fact that sound did not require the sound system touched under <= 2.6.10.

You don't have to disable and re-enable it each time, if your system is
configured correctly then your mixer settings will be saved.

I don't think you understand the problem. Saving the settings does help, you have to change the settings every time you switch from headphones to speaker. Assuming I follow the o.p. issue... alsamixer shows no "sense" settings for my ASUS laptop, and I have to boot 2.4 to get sound.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)