Re: Re: 2.6.11 ps/2 mouse is dead

From: Leonid Petrov
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 21:35:28 EST

Dmitry,

> On Friday 04 March 2005 00:52, Leonid Petrov wrote:
> I upgraded from 2.6.10 to 2.6.11 using "make oldconfig" and my
> Logitech ps/2 mouse is dead. cat /dev/input/mice shows
> nothing. Nothing suspicios in /var/log/messages
> The same mousce works fine with 2.6.10
>

> Does it work with i8042.noacpi kernel boot option?

I've inserted an option i8042.noacpi:

kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11 ro root=/dev/hda4 rhgb quiet i8042.noacpi

to my /boot/grub/menu.lst, and, oh miracle, it works. Moreover, this
option fixed the old problem: mouse and keyboard were dead when I enabled
hyperthreading in BIOS. Now it works with hyperthreading. Excellent!
Thank you very much!

> If it helps woudl you mind sending me your dsdt (cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.hex)?

Sure. I've put it in http://lpetrov.net/misc/dsdt.hex

Leonid
2005.03.04_20:40:33