Re: RFD: Kernel release numbering

From: Rene Herman
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 05:53:24 EST

John Alvord wrote:

One way to handle the transition into bug-fix only would be to turn
the tree over to the $stability crew at that moment. They would have
the job of nursing it to stability under the given ground rules.

Yes. However, the discussion is now over due to the .1 work which solves a different problem than was intended, which was getting more people to test kernels before they become 2.6.N final. It's going to take another few months again now for people to notice that, but oh well. Personally, I don't have a problem anyway. I think 2.6 is great ...

Rene.