Re: Error messages with ACPI

From: Richard Mittendorfer
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 15:26:12 EST

Also sprach Mina Nozar <nozarm@xxxxxxxxx> (Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:09:41
-0800 (PST)):
> Hi,

hi mina.

> [...]
> kernel: ACPI-1133: *** Error: Method execution failed
> [\_SB_.BAT0._BST](Node dfe043c0), AE_AML_NO_RETURN_VALUE
> lastt message repeated 2 times
> last message repeated 4 times

(afaik) these are not critical - they come from the yout acpi bios.
these implementions are known to be bad. you can find more information
on the acpi homepage[1]. maybe you can fix this with a modifcated dsdt
from there - but i'm not sure if it's worth the work.

do you get valid entries in /proc/acpi and are your battery states ok?
then you most likely have no problem. on my old libretto i get tons of
them at bootup and sometimes when comming out of suspend.

however, if your logs get filled with those messages ...

sl ritch.

[1] http://acpi.sourceforge.net/