Re: s4bios: does anyone use it?

From: Stefan Seyfried
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 17:02:29 EST

Brice Goglin wrote:

> From what I remember, I didn't see any difference between S4 and S4Bios in
> recent vanilla kernels.

I have seen exactly the same thing and concluded that S4bios is broken.
Since it is tricky to set up (you usually need a special hibernation
partition or a special file in a FAT partition) and probably slow as
hell (at least if it has anything to do with the APM BIOS suspend to
disk routines, and i assume it does), i'd shed no tears if it would go
away ;-)
--
Stefan Seyfried, QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices, SUSE LINUX Nürnberg.

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."