Re: dm-crypt vs. cryptoloop reminder

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 18:16:11 EST

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 10:35:24PM +0100, Alexander Nyberg wrote:

> 2.6.3-mm1 'dm-crypt vs. cryptoloop' discussion was some time ago, it is
> time to bring this up again:
> http://kerneltrap.org/node/2433

Are you a troll?

This is not something to be quoted by anybody serious.

Andrew referred to "well-known weaknesses" in cryptoloop,
and when I inquired it turned out that what he referred to
were properties of cryptoloop and dm-crypt alike, so that
his remarks that started that discussion were misguided.

Of course people may prefer dm-crypt or cryptoloop or loop-aes,
just like people prefer ide-cd or ide-scsi.

I have not yet seen a valid reason to deprecate one of these three
very soon.

Andries