Re: [RFQ] Rules for accepting patches into the linux-releases tree

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 06:24:07 EST

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Greg KH wrote:

> Anything else anyone can think of? Any objections to any of these?
> I based them off of Linus's original list.

How about feature regressions? What made me think of this is the thread
about the 8x0 alsa breakage in 2.6.11. 2.6.10 and 2.6.9 worked well for
people, but 2.6.11 is aparently broken for some. When that bug gets fixed
would such a fix be appropriate for 2.6.10.y (assuming it doesn't violate
any of your other guidelines) ?

--
Jesper