Re: bouncing keys and skipping sound with 2.6.11

From: Stefan Seyfried
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 03:33:59 EST

Jan Niehusmann wrote:

> By trying different kernel versions, I traced down the problem to the
> changes introduced between linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk9 and
> linux-2.6.11-rc2-bk10, and, more specifically, to the ACPI changes
> within that patch. (Therefore the Cc: to Len Brown, who wrote or
> submitted most of these changes, as far as I can tell from the
> changelog)

I bet you have CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG enabled. Disable it or try to put
#define ACPI_ENABLE_OBJECT_CACHE 1
at the end of include/acpi/acpi.h (before the last #endif)
This fixed it for me (and some others).
There is also a patch for a "CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG_LITE" from Thomas
Renninger on the acpi-devel list, which leaves some of the debugging in,
but disables the worst offenders IIUC.

Hope that helps,

Stefan