Re: BUG: Slowdown on 3000 socket-machines tracked down

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 04:33:44 EST

Ben Greear wrote:
Nick Piggin wrote:

Ben Greear wrote:

In that case, writing the network only test would help to confirm the
problem is not a networking one - so not useless by any means.

It's not trivial to write something like this :)

I'll be using something I already have. If I can't reproduce the problem,
then perhaps it is due to sendfile and someone can write a customized
test. The main reason I offered is because people are ignoring the
bug report for the most part and asking for a test case. I may be able
to offer an independent verification of the problem which might convince
someone to write up a dedicated test case...

OK, no that sounds good, please do make the test case.

I have actually been following up with Christian regarding
the disk IO / memory management side of things but the thread
has gone offline for some reason :\