pci_fixup_video() bogosity

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 23:46:44 EST

Hi !

While working on writing a VGA access arbiter for kernel & userland,
I wondered how to properly get my "initial" state at boot. For that,
I looked at how the new PCI ROM stuff does to find out who owns the
memory shadow at c0000, and found it quite bogus.

>From what I see, the code is only based on looking at what bridges
have VGA forwarding enabled. It doesn't test the actual IO and Memory
enable bits of the VGA cards themselves.

What if you have 2 cards under the same bridge ?

Ben.