Re: [patch 11/16] Solaris nfsacl workaround

From: Andreas Gruenbacher
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 03:21:46 EST

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 00:56, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> su den 27.02.2005 Klokka 16:22 (+0100) skreiv Andreas Gruenbacher:
> > vanlig tekstdokument vedlegg (nfsacl-solaris-nfsacl-workaround.patch)
> > If the nfs_acl program is available, Solaris clients expect both version
> > 2 and version 3 to be available; RPC_PROG_MISMATCH leads to a mount
> > failure. Fake RPC_PROG_UNAVAIL when asked for nfs_acl version 2.
> >
> > Trond has rejected this patch. I'm not sure how to deal with it in a
> > truly clean way, so probably I won't care and still use this as a vendor
> > patch.
>
> So I've talked to the Solaris implementors about this issue. They said
> that the above behaviour on their clients was a bug that they've
> corrected in Solaris 10.

Thanks for gathering this piece of information.

> Given that very few people are going to be using Solaris clients with
> NFSv2 against a Linux server, and given that there is always the option
> of compiling the server without NFSACL support for those few who need to
> do this, I suggest we just drop this patch.

It's NFSv3 clients that exhibit the strange behavior; else I never would
have run into this bug. For me it's okay to leave out this patch; we'll
still carry it around in our vendor tree for a while though.

Cheers,
--
Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@xxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, SUSE LINUX GMBH