Re: Can I get 200M contiguous physical memory?

From: Chris Wedgwood
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 04:04:10 EST

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 04:49:20PM +0800, Jason Luo wrote:

> A data acquisition card. In DMA mode, the card need 200M contiguous
> memory for DMA.

ick? it can't do scatter-gather or anything sane?

> it's driver in windows can do it.

windows can get 200MB of memory on a running system relaibly? does it
swap like mad when you do this?

> so custom ask us to support it. are there a way although it'is
> unpopular?

you could allocate the memory at boot-time just for the driver, hacky
but would work

there are a couple of patches/methods for doing this. i think a
search for bigphysarea on google might help?