Re: [patch 1/1] /proc/$$/ipaddr and per-task networking bits

From: Joost Remijn
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 11:46:04 EST

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 17:08 +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 17:00 +0100, Lorenzo HernÃndez GarcÃa-Hierro
> wrote: it tries to fill the
> > ipaddr member of the task_struct structure with the IP address
> > associated to the user running @current task/process,if available.
>
> but... a use doesn't hane an IP. a host does.

I'm not sure i understand but i've just tried to read the code and it
looks like the IP address is the address of the other end of a socket.

This address is set when a process does accept(). So this user IP we are
talking about would be the remote users host IP (or gateway in case of
NAT).

I don't think i fully understand the code but it looks like it only
holds the remote IP address of the last accept()-ed connection.

Joost Remijn