oops / 2.6.11 / run_timer_softirq (mountvirtfs)

From: jerome lacoste
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 19:21:42 EST

On an VIA EPIA board, I got this single oops at boot. Wasn't stored on
file so I had to take a screenshot with a digital camera. Basicallly
goes along those lines:

Process: S36mountvirtfs

Call trace:
run_timer_softirq+0x16f/0x200
__do_softirq
do_softirq
irq_exit
do_IRQ
common_interrupt

Process is found here on my system:

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root root 21 Mar 1 00:29 /etc/rcS.d/S36mountvirtfs ->
../init.d/mountvirtfs

The exact screenshot (500k) can be found here:

http://coffeebreaks.dyndns.org/~jerome/static/images/linux/oops_2.6.11_run_timer_softirq_boot.jpg

I can spend time copying the input into a file and doing the ksymoops
stuff if someone wants to get it.
Otherwise I will go back to try fixing the other problems that happens
much more often...