Re: Fw: 2.6.11-rc5-mm1: reiser4 eating cpu time

From: Alexander Gran
Date: Sun Mar 13 2005 - 08:26:43 EST

Hi,

Well, of course it cannot handle that large files (I wouldn't expect that,
either). My Problem is that when I open the file, it's not just kwrite but
other processes that need so much cpu time. That kwrite is eating cpu is ok.
I cannot reproduce the behaviour for some reason however.
So for short what's now (2.6.11-mm3) hapening:
I open a file of 150MB with kwrite. Kwrite start using all cpu it can get
After some seconds pdflush kicks in. Kwrite seems to wait, and pdflush is
eating cpu cyles. These 2 alternate for some time, until file is loaded.
Please note that this happens when the file is in cache too. No Idea what
kwrite is doing here, though.
In the case described earlier ent:hda6. was eating my cpu cyles, even after
kwrite was killed!

regards
Alex

--