Re: Call for help: list of machines with working S3

From: Jan De Luyck
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 01:19:43 EST

On Monday 14 February 2005 22:11, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Stefan provided me initial list of machines where S3 works (including
> video). If you have machine that is not on the list, please send me a
> diff. If you have eMachines... I'd like you to try playing with
> vbetool (it worked for me), and if it works for you supplying right
> model numbers.

Acer Travelmate 803LCi, working Suspend to ram:
- Have to use the soft-boot method for the radeon
- Have to shutdown the following parts:
* hotplug (actually the USB subsystem, but hotplug does that nicely)
* ALSA (modem won't work otherwise without reloading the modules)
(snd_intel8x0m module)
* MySQL (hinders the actual suspension process and kicks the pc back to
where it was)

Other than these little things it works like a charm :)

Jan
--
Bumper sticker:
All the parts falling off this car are of the very finest