Re: mouse&keyboard with 2.6.10+

From: Michael Tokarev
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 11:41:05 EST

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 06:53:11PM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 02:52:00PM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:

After plugging in USB keyboard and loading uhci-hcd and
usbhid, the keyboard un-freeze, but mouse still didn't
work. So I tried re-loading psmouse module, and
surprizingly, mouse started working again, but now dmesg
says:

input: PS2++ Logitech Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1

(normally it's
input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1
)

and the mouse is moving very fast now. Previously
I either didn't able to make it work at all after such
freeze, or it worked automatically after loading usbhid.

BTW, it's 2.6.10, I can't made it work with 2.6.11 at all.

Can you try 'usb-handoff' on the kernel command line?

The problem has nothing to do with USB per se, as far as
I can see. PS2 keyboard and mouse does not work when
the USB subsystem (incl. usbcore) is not loaded. And the
problem is with PS2 keyboard/mouse, not with USB one which
works just fine.
Of course. Nevertheless 'usb-handoff' tells the BIOS not to meddle with
the PS/2 interfaces, too.

Oh me bad, I should listen to whatever is being said, instead
of doing my stupid guesses... Just rebooted into 2.6.11.3
with usb-handoff and both the keyboard and mouse are Just Works,
and psmouse driver loads almost immediately too.

Also, it works just fine after turning off USB Keyboard and
Mouse support in BIOS and without usb-handoff kernel parameter.

In 2.6.9 (it works just fine too, problem happens with 2.6.10
and up only), there's no such parameter in drivers/pci/quirks.c.
Hmm.

So is this a bios/mobo problem, or can it be solved in kernel
somehow?

Thanks very much for your attention.

/mjt