Re: drm lockups since 2.6.11-bk2

From: Dave Jones
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 11:44:33 EST

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 04:15:42PM +0000, Dave Airlie wrote:

> > I saw one report where the recent drm security hole fix broke dri
> > for one user. Whilst it seems an isolated incident, could this have
> > more impact than we first realised ?
>
> the radeon security changes? I've gotten no bad feedback on those neither
> has dri-devel, so I've assumed they were all fine (usually radeon bug
> reports get back fairly quickly as everyone has one ..),

The missing memset in setversion ioctl.
What sounded odd was that this was reproduced on 2.6.11.x, rather
than 2.6.11-bk, which has none of the AGP changes.
Could be a red herring though, as it was only one report.

> > Worse case scenario we can drop out the multi-bridge support for now
> > if it needs work. Mike left SGI now, so we'll need to find someone else
> > with access to a Prism to make sure it still works correctly on a
> > real multi-gart system.
>
> I'd like to make it work I'm sure it is some thing small wrong, but I've
> no access for > 1 week to my radeon machine so unless someone else picks
> it up we may need to drop it for now..

I'll try and dig into it over the next few days, but I'm swamped
in other stuff right now :-/

Dave