Re: 2.6.11-mm3 - DRM/i915 broken

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 04:38:44 EST

> >>DRM/i915 does not work on my Dell Dimension 3000 (i865 chipset).
> >>It's the first -mm kernel I try on this box. I don't whether previous -mm
> >>worked or not. Anyway, 2.6.11 works great.

This is more than likely caused by the multi-bridge AGP stuff in -bk3
.. if you could test 2.6.11-bk2 and then -bk3 and see if it breaks
there.. if not there can you test the -bk6 -bk7 transition...

these are the only two points where DRM stuff was merged in .. I'm in
no position to test for about a week so unless someone else gets to it
first it'll be at least that long..

Dave.