Re: enabling IOAPIC on C3 processor?

From: jerome lacoste
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 10:14:08 EST

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:22:36 -0500, Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 13:09 +0100, jerome lacoste wrote:
> > I have a VIA Epia M10000 board that crashes very badly (and pretty
> > often, especially when using DMA). I want to fix that.
> >

> Are the crashes associated with any particular workload or device? My
> M6000 works perfectly.
>
> The one big problem I had with is is the VIA Unichrome XAA driver had a
> FIFO related bug that caused it to stall the PCI bus, delaying
> interrupts for tens of ms unless "Option NoAccel" was used.
>
> This bug was fixed over 6 months ago though.

It crashes my box within minutes if not seconds when using mythtv
(tuner using ivtv driver) while using my network card. If I disable
DMA on the disk and don't use my card, it's much more stable (several
hours without problem).

See this for more details:
http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=60131&enterthread=y