Re: insmod segfault in pci_find_subsys()

From: Toralf Lund
Date: Sat Mar 19 2005 - 07:30:30 EST

Greg KH wrote:

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 10:12:05AM +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:

Am I seeing an issue with the PCI functions here, or is it just that I fail to spot an obvious mistake in the module itself?

I think it's a problem in your code. I built and ran the following
example module just fine (based on your example, which wasn't the
smallest or cleanest...), with no oops. Does this code work for you?

I'm not able to test that right now (not on the right system), but did you try the exact code I submitted? It would be *very* helpful if someone could verify that it leads to a crash, before I go any further.

I also have this feeling that an arbitrary change to the code might make the module work without really resolving the problem.

Oh, and the pci_find* functions are depreciated, do not use them, they
are going away in the near future. Please use the pci_get* functions
instead.

I think pci_find* are used because the code is supposed to be compatible with Linux 2.4 as well. Or did pci_get* exist there, too?

Like I said, most of the code was actually written by someone else...

- T