Re: bcm203x broadcom dongle firmware upload fails...

From: Soeren Sonnenburg
Date: Sun Mar 20 2005 - 04:34:06 EST

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 19:32 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Soeren,

[firmware upload not working]
> > It does not work with kernel 2.6.10/11 any ideas ?
>
> I think this is a general request_firmware() problem. Check the Hotplug
> mailing list archive. Hannes, Kay and Greg discussed problems with the
> firmware_class and udev. I haven't found the time to look at it.

Just for reference that is the link to their thread form March 15:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=11165076

If it is an udev issue it would explain why the dongle was working when
plugged in before the booting the machine.

If there is a patch flying around that is supposed to fix this issue,
please let me know!

Best,
Soeren
--
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, when you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.