Re: [ACPI] Re: [RFC/Patch 0/12] ACPI based root bridge hot-add

From: Rajesh Shah
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 14:20:25 EST

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 03:50:16PM +0200, Paul Ionescu wrote:

> Does this mean that when it will be ported for i386, I will be able to
> really use my Docking Station ?

No. The current patches only trigger when a _root_ bridge is
hot-added, not a PCI to PCI bridge (which is what the docking
station is). The code to support p2p bridge hotplug will benefit
from these patches but more code is needed to support that.

> Does it rescan the DSDT to find new additions to ACPI devices ?

It scans the ACPI namespace under the root bridge that was added.
Any pci devices underneath are scanned and added, but there isn't
any code to look for non-PCI devices there.

Rajesh