Re: Need break driver<-->pci-device automatic association

From: Jacques Goldberg
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 16:40:50 EST

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Russell King wrote:

> What it comes back to is that we _need_ driver match priorities, so we
> can detect when a more specific driver for the device is loaded (iow
> one which matches by vendor+device rather than just class), unbind the
> existing driver, and bind the more specific one.

Absolutely agreed. This is what I dreamt of when starting this thread.
My job is done now. The ball is in your hands.
I shall now become mute but shall read further.
If you ever need a real test you will always be welcome to send it to
me since I have a case hardware.

Thanks to all of you. Cheers. Jacques