Re: [SATA] sata-via : bug?

From: Jayant Roplekar
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 00:45:21 EST

Any modes in the bios for the SATA ports? Maybe it is in a mode not
supported by linux. I know the ICH5 only wanted to work for me in
native (enhanced?) mode, not compatible (emulating PATA) mode. Maybe
via does something similar. I am puzzles by the UDMA/133 message which
makes no sense for SATA which should be 150 or 300 not 133.

Len Sorensen

Len,

Thanks for the suggestion but I do not have any option of turning any modes on in the BIOS.
At this point I am thinking/hoping that this is quirk introduced by mobo that is triggering this behavior in the driver that can be fixed by somebody easily. Although I do not have the skill set to device a solution.

Jay