Re: mmap/munmap bug

From: Hayim Shaul
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 03:26:46 EST

Does it support zero copy not only for send but also for receive? Can we
receive packets directly to userspace buffers?

that it can't currently, but without some major protocol stack rework
that's not going to be easy. If you want to help do that work,
excellent! Be sure to contact the people on net-dev mailinglist since
they are the ones having looked at this previously.

My case is simpler, as the application I attend it to is similar to a NAT. A packet comes in, a little alternation of the headers and off it goes again. So there's no TCP-stack or anything.

What I thought of doing, is map the skbuff to user-space. Have the user-application alter the headers. Send the (same) skbuff from kernel-space.

Does there exist anything equivalent?