Re: Distinguish real vs. virtual CPUs?

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Tue Mar 22 2005 - 16:44:24 EST

> For some Intel processors... Tom Vier just posted his cpuinfo which shows all
> of his processors, which he notes are in separate sockets, are identified as
> physical zero. I didn't find any Intel systems which lacked unique physical ID,
> but clearly that's not true everywhere.

Hmmh what will we do once there will be a dual-PS3 (*) chip?

(*) Currently pure imagination, but what I mean is a two-or-more-CPU machine
with each CPU having 8 CPUs, basically. The latter fact (8 CPUs on one cpu
chip) is reality as far as my eye was sidetracked on a Playstation3 article
about their new CPU.

Jan Engelhardt