Re: Fix agp_backend usage in drm_agp_init (was: 2.6.11-mm3 - DRM/i915 broken)

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Thu Mar 24 2005 - 03:46:48 EST

> I assume this bug is going to occur on i8x0 chipsets where the X
> server may acquire the agp to do 2D stuff and the drm then acquires it
> later for 3D stuff this may be a bit broken but it is out there now

I've confirmed this is the problem, the intel drivers need AGP for 2D
code paths, the DRM then acquires the bridge for 3D code paths...
this is standard and we can't change it now as it would mean changing
existing userspaces.. I'm not sure how to tackle it.. Brice's patch
may work in all cases but I want to check it on a few configurations
..

Dave, now running (FC3+Xorg CVS and Debian Sarge and switching between
i865/radeon/mga cards trying to track these bugs down...)