Re: OOPS running "ls -l /sys/class/i2c-adapter/*"-- 2.6.12-rc1-mm2

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 14:52:16 EST

Hi Andrew, Miles,

> > Andrew, this command causes the Oops for me:
> >
> > root@Monkey100:/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-1# ls
> > ./ ../ device@
> > root@Monkey100:/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-1# ls -l
> > Segmentation fault
>
> What device is that, and which driver is handling it?

If I am allowed a wild guess here... Isn't by any chance i2c-1 one the
the 3 i2c adapters exported by the nvidiafb driver, which we know isn't
playing nicely with the i2c core? To me, it is simply a different
expression of the same bug Miles hit some days ago when loading the
i2c-dev or eeprom modules [1].

Miles, do you have the same problem with i2c-0 and i2c-2, or only i2c-1?

Can you please confirm that with CONFIG_FB_NVIDIA_I2C unset, the oops
vanishes?

[1] http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg29974.html

Thanks,
--