Re: OOM problems on 2.6.12-rc1 with many fsx tests

From: Dave Jones
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 19:19:24 EST

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:53:04AM -0800, Mingming Cao wrote:

> The fsx command is:
>
> ./fsx -c 10 -n -r 4096 -w 4096 /mnt/test/foo1 &
>
> I also see fsx tests start to generating report about read bad data
> about the tests have run for about 9 hours(one hour before of the OOM
> happen).

Is writing to the same testfile from multiple fsx's supposed to work?
It sounds like a surefire way to break the consistency checking that it does.
I'm surprised it lasts 9hrs before it breaks.

In the past I've done tests like..

for i in `seq 1 100`
do
fsx foo$i &
done

to make each process use a different test file.

Dave