Re: 2.6.12-rc1 breaks dosemu

From: Bart Oldeman
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 03:32:29 EST

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 23:54 +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Freedag 25 MÃrz 2005 20:14, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> >
> > > the randomisation patches came in a series of 8 patches (where several
> > > were general infrastructure); could you try to disable the individual
> > > randomisations one at a time to see which one causes this effect?
> >
> > It's caused by top-of-stack-randomization.patch.
>
> > eip: 0x000069ee esp: 0xbfdbffcc eflags: 0x00010246
>
> hmm interesting. Can you check if at the time of the crash, the esp is
> actually inside the stack vma? If it's not, I wonder what dosemu does to
> get its stack pointer outside the vma... (and on which side of the vma
> it is)

To Arnd:

Another thing you should probably do is to build dosemu with debug
information, and then look into ~/.dosemu/boot.log after it crashes.
That will give you the contents of /proc/self/maps, a gdb backtrace and
various other goodies.

I've checked it myself but can't reproduce, neither with plain dosemu
1.2.2 nor with current CVS.

Bart